How to Make an Appointment for Online Video Counselling
For appointments I use the 10to8 online booking system and for Video Counselling I use Zoom Video Conferencing.
1. Choose the appointment you wish to make by clicking on the appropriate button below.
2. Complete the 10to8 booking form with your details. There is no charge for the Introductory Meeting. Professional Fees for DBT Skills, REBT, Relapse Prevention and General Counselling are £50 per session.
3. After I have been notified of the booking you will receive two emails. One is from the 10to8 booking system to confirm the appointment. The second will be from CounsellingLincoln and will contain a “meeting link” – do not delete this email before the meeting.
4. If you haven’t used Zoom before, the first time you click on the meeting link in your email you will be prompted to install the Zoom software. This only takes a few seconds and after it has installed it will take you to our meeting. Subsequent sessions on the same device do not require the software to be installed. This is the easiest and most reliable method, but you can enter the meeting from your browser if you prefer.
5. Before the meeting please make sure you have a good connection, your webcam and microphone are working, and that you are in a room where you cannot be overheard or interrupted.
6. Please attend the meeting on time as we will still need to finish at the arranged time in order not to delay the next person. If you come online early you will find you are in a Zoom “waiting room” until I arrive.
This 15 minute appointment gives us the opportunity to discuss how you would like to benefit from counselling. It also allows us to test Zoom technically to ensure we can connect effectively.
Use this appointment for any other counselling requirements that you may have that do not fit into the above categories. We will have discussed these in your free introductory session.